VoIP phones are slowly replacing the classic telephone communications and office PBX systems. These phones offer an effective way of making both voice and video calls using the internet as the connecting network. They additionally offer multiple features that outdo the normal office PBX in terms of performance. For small businesses, VoIP solutions are the future of office communication. That’s why businesses are rushing to replace their communication systems with VoIP. Luckily, this does not require you to replace all your existing phones. Your normal office lines can easily be transformed to VoIP phones using cheap VoIP adapters. Below is a detailed description of what you need to know about cheap VoIP adaptors, and a compiled list of the best cheap VoIP adaptors.
What Is VoIP?
VoIP is an abbreviation for Voice over Internet Protocol. It is simply a form of technology that allows you to make calls, not on the classic telephone line or mobile network, but using the internet for transmission. The main reason for the establishment of this tech is to eliminate reliance on telephone networks, which require a lot of costly infrastructures, and switch to the internet connection which is much better established has a wider coverage and is much cheaper. There are currently a lot of companies offering cheap Voip services.
VoIP Is The Most Effective Communication For Small Business
Telephone services are an essential component of any office setup. Every worker must be able to receive phone calls from multiple company lines, and at the same time make in-house calls to every other employee. That’s why office phone bills are often in the range of thousands of dollars. Voip phones can help businesses to dramatically reduce this cost. With cheap Voip services, there are no charges for domestic calls, and international call rates are quite low. This reduces your total phone bill by over 90%.
VoIP Makes It Easier To Communicate With Clients and With Employees
Given that VoIP phones use the internet as their primary interface, they come with a lot of features that normal office phone systems lack. These include:
- Conferencing feature that supports as many users as your bandwidth can handle
- Fax integration
- Recording and emailing of voice messages
- Web-based administration of the office phone system
You May Also Like:
- Life Wireless: Who Qualifies For Verizon Wireless Free Government Phone
- How To Get a Free Cell Phones For Seniors Citizens On Social Security
- List Of Top Free Government Cell Phone Companies 2018 With Service
Features Of a Good VoIP Adaptor
When shopping for a cheap VoIP adaptor, there are certain features you should look out for:
- Cheap Voip Contract: Most VoIP companies offer their services on contract. A good contract should offer a great package at a cheap price. Cheap VoIP contracts are often offered in longer contracts.
- The number of phones that can be connected: Since you are planning to use the system for an office set-up, it should be able to accommodate all the workers’ devices.
- Call rates: Almost all VoIP services offer free local voice calls. The difference comes in international call rates and other services. Most packages are however affordable and even rival free government phone call plans.
- Compatible protocols and codecs: Being an internet-based interface, VoIP services work using different protocols and codecs. These vary from provider to provider and determine whether your phones will be compatible with others, and with your office network. The most common protocol is SIP. It is widely used by providers and is compatible with most devices.
- Additional features: different adaptors offer extra features such as email integration, voice call recording, etc.
- Maintenance: a good VoIP service provider should offer good customer care service. This includes both installation and maintenance.
Below is a compilation of 10 of the best cheap VoIP adapters that are currently available in the market:
10 Best Cheap VoIP Adapter For Small Business
Ooma Telo Free Home Phone Service
This is a product of Ooma, one of the telecommunication companies that has been at the forefront of VoIP services. Their Telo Free Home Phone Service is an upgrade of their previous model. Below are some of its notable features:
Pure Voice HD
Ooma included this feature as a solution to address some of the common challenges of VoIP voice calls such poor voice quality as dropped calls. This adaptor uses adaptive redundancy technology which improves the conversion of sound from analog to digital form. It recognizes any loss in data packets and fills in the gap appropriately. This way, voice calls sound natural and have no interruptions.
Ooma Mobile App For Smartphones
Telo is a cheap VoIP adaptor that is compatible with both landlines and wireless phones. For smartphones, it uses a specially designed app that transforms your phone into a VoIP phone. This way you can make free calls from your very own Apple, Android or Windows phone.
- Free local voice calls and low international rates
- Easy to install and operate
- One-touch voicemail audio playback
- Compatible with home security systems
- Remote voicemail retrieval and online playback
- caller-ID, call-waiting, 911, and many other calling features
- A free 60-day trial of Ooma Premier
- Excellent voice quality
- Compatible with smartphones
- Easy and remote access to voicemail
- A 60-day free trial of premium service
- It is cheap
- Few additional features
In short, the Ooma Telo Free Home Phone Service is a good option for homes and small businesses with a small number of workers. It is available on Amazon.
OBi202 2-Port VoIP Phone Adapter
This is a cheap VoIP adaptor that is designed to serve a small office setup or a homestead. It can handle up to 4 different phones through its two ports. The best aspect of this adaptor lays in its pricing packages and its premium features. Below is what you stand to gain from this adaptor:
Cheap International Call Rates
As usual, local calls don’t have any charges. Obihai extends the same offer to international calls by offering rates that are close to zero. For India, Mexico, and China, the rates stand at 1cent per minute. You can additionally make calls to 150 other countries at a slightly higher fee.
Google Voice Compatibility and Sync
The Obi202 is a smart adaptor. It supports Google voice. This way you can link up the adaptor with your smartphone an make calls from your cell phone at no cost at all. This also makes it possible to access your call logs and voicemails from your phone through your Google account.
- Easy to install. This is done on OBiTALK.com
- Supports T.38 Fax and SIP
- Supports 4 phones
- 1 USB port for Obihai Accessories
- Google Voice compatibility
- Very cheap international call rates
- Google Voice-enabled
- Supports SIP
- Supports a maximum of 4 phones
- Relatively pricey
In general, the Obi202 is a VoIP adaptor with features far superior for its price. You can get it on Amazon at a fair price.
MagicJack Go 2017 Version Digital Phone Service
This is one of the sleekest, tiniest, and most portable Voipcheap adaptors. It comes in the design of a thumb drive and is roughly the size of a small handset. It also comes with affordable call packages for both local and long distance calls. Below are some of its notable features:
Easy To Setup
Setting up the adaptor is pretty easy. Plug in your internet connection to its Ethernet port, or through its USB port to a computer and you are done. You can then enjoy making free calls. this ease of installation, coupled with the device’s size, makes it very portable. You can unplug it from your office and take it home, or even carry it when travelling anywhere.
MagicJack Go App
This app allows you to synchronize the adaptor to your smartphone. You can then make calls from your smartphone at no cost, from any location, as long as you have a reliable internet connection.
- Free calls to the US and Canada
- Free international calls to Puerto Rico, and low rates for other countries
- Free magicJack-to-magicJack calling
- Caller ID, Voicemail, Call Waiting and Call Forwarding
- No monthly bills
- Very portable
- Easy to install and use
- MagicJack Go app that allows you to use make calls on your phone
- Free calls to Puerto Rico
- It supports a small number of phones
All in all, the MagicJack Go 2017 Version Digital Phone Service is the top contender in the market for anyone looking for a portable cheap VoIP adaptor for either home use or office use. It is available on retail at Amazon.
OBi200 1-Port VoIP Phone Adapter
This is another cheap VoIP adaptor from Obi. It is a predecessor of the OBI202 2-port adaptor and shares a lot with it in terms of features.
Compatible With a Lot Of Voice Services
Google Voice, Anveo, VoIPms, PhonePower, and many other voice services are compatible with this adaptor. This is in a bid to make expand the “Bring your own device” policy to all kinds of smartphones. You can, therefore, use any phone of your choice with this adaptor.
The box comes with an array of accessories offered by Obi. These include; OBI wifi that offers excellent 5G speeds, OBI Bluetooth for connecting with media devices, and OBILINE, an adaptor to link up with your landline service.
- Use Google Voice with the OBi and enjoy free calls inside the USA and Canada
- Low international call rates. Rates to China, India, and Mexico are about 1cent per minute.
- Synchronized with smartphones to receive calls from anywhere, anytime
- No connection fee
- Block unwanted calls
- Receive voicemails as emails
- Fax support
- Supports T.38 Fax and SIP
- Supports a lot of voice features including Google Voice
- Cheap international call rates to select countries
- Has a good number of accessories including fast hotspot wifi
- Only one port for phones
In general, the Obi200 1-port adaptor is still a decent adapter for office work. It transforms your single phone line to an office communication system that supports several phones. You can get this adapter on Amazon.
Vonage Home Phone Service With 1 Month Free HT802-VD VoIP Device
This is hands down the cheapest VoIP adaptor. It retails for only $6.86 on Amazon. At such a price, you would expect it to offer crappy services, but the contrary is actually true. It has features that put it at par with standard-priced devices.
This is a unique feature of this adaptor. It allows you to forward calls to up to 5 different phones. This includes smartphones. This way, you can receive calls from the comfort of your cell phone, anywhere, anytime.
Free Three Months Subscription
This adaptor comes with free services for the first three months. All you have to do is hook it up to your internet connection, and start enjoying the free service.
- Free calls to the USA, Canada, and Mexico, and low international calling rates
- Link your VoIP phone to up to two smartphones through the Vonage extension app
- Receive voicemails in your email
- Call Forwarding as well as Caller ID and selective call block
- It is very cheap, you can’t get a better deal than this
- It has all the features one needs for a phone, caller ID, voicemail, and call blocking
- It can link up with smartphones
- It does not support faxing
For those looking for a budget VoIP adaptor, this is the go-to device. It serves well in a small business or home setting. You can get it on Amazon.
MagicJack EXPRESS Digital Phone Service
This is another portable VoIP adapter from MagicJack. It comes with the same simple design, and also shares a lot of features with the MagicJack Go 2017. Below are some of its features:
Easy To Setup
As usual, the MagicJack device works like a simple thumb drive. All you have to do is plug it into a connected computer, or hook it up to your internet through its Ethernet port. You can then plug in your phone and start enjoying free calls.
This is a smartphone app that is available on all platforms. It allows you to link up your phone to the VoIP adaptor and enjoy making free calls from the comfort of your cell. It also gives you access to your phones call logs, messages, and voicemail. You can access these from anywhere, anytime. Below are some other notable features of the MagicJack EXPRESS Digital Phone Service:
- Exclusively free service for the first three months and affordable rates thereafter
- Free VoIP number
- No monthly bills
- Free Caller ID, Voicemail, Call Forwarding, Call Waiting
- Low international outbound calling rates
- Free magicJack-to-magicJack calling
- Free three months service
- Extremely portable
- MagicJack app that links up with smartphones
- It does not support fax machines
In general, the MagicJack EXPRESS Digital Phone Service is a decent adaptor that can meet the needs of a large household or a business. it is available on retail at Amazon.
Grandstream GS-HT701 Handytone 701 ATA Analog Telephone Adapter
This is a simple adaptor meant for servicing a single landline. It, however, does much more than converting your landline to a VoIP phone. Below are some of its features:
Advanced Telephone Features
This adaptor transforms your classic phone to a modern technological gadget. It comes with caller ID, calls waiting, calls transfer, calls forwarding, does not disturb mode. These features are also simplified for easy use. They make this adaptor the best option for introducing elderly users to modern call technology. They rival phones made for seniors. The adapter additionally supports faxing through the T.38 system and has a three-way conferencing feature. This is good for office communication systems
Compatible with an array of codecs and protocols
The more protocols and codecs an adaptor is compatible is, the broader the range of phone numbers you can directly access on your VoIP phone, and the number of devices it is compatible with. This adaptor supports G.711 with Annex I/II, G.723.1, G.729A/B, G.726, iLBC voice codecs. You can virtually connect it to any device. Below are other notable features of this adaptor:
- Free local voice calls and cheap international rates
- Single FXS telephone port
- Security protection of voice and data privacy
- Portable, and easy to install
- It is cheap
- Supports faxing
- Has advanced telephone features
- It supports only one landline
In short, this is an adaptor is one of the best VoIP solutions for transforming a simple landline phone. It is perfect for your home or a small office. It is available for sale on Amazon.
Obihai OBi110 Voice Service Bridge and VoIP Telephone Adapter
This is another cheap VoIP adaptor from the well known Obihai VoIP solutions company. This is an earlier version of the Obi200 model, but it still performs equally well. Below are some of its interesting features:
Connects Well With Both Landlines and Smartphones
Obi110 uses SIP and ATA Gateway protocols. These enable you to connect landline phones to the adaptor and transform them to VoIP phones. Additionally, the adaptor comes with an Obi app that allows you to link your smartphone to the adaptor.
An Array Of Advanced Call Features and Obi Accessories
As usual, Obihai adaptors allow you to enjoy the technological features of a modern phone while using an old-fashioned landline. These adaptor features call forwarding, caller identification, call blocking, and message waiting indication. It also gives you the option of receiving voicemails through your email. As for accessories, you can manage your device on OBiTALK.com and access several supporting accessories. Below is a summary of some of the other features of Obi 110:
- Free local and long distance calls, and low rates for international calls
- Free calls to other Obi numbers, regardless of location
- Obi wifi, obi Bluetooth, and Obiline
- Easy to set up and use
- Customer support on both installation and maintenance
- It is cheap
- Has modern call technology features
- Compatible with smartphones
- It no longer supports Google Voice
But in general, the Obi110 adaptor from Obihai is still a decent adaptor that can serve well in your office, or at home. It is available for purchase on Amazon
Ooma Linx Wireless Accessory for Ooma Telo and Office
This is a wireless accessory that is meant to improve the reach and functionality of the classic Ooma Telo devices. It is mainly meant for office setups but works well for homes too. It accords users easier access to the Ooma Telo adaptor, and also offers additional features for the management of office calls.
Wireless Connection To All Devices
The adaptor is almost like a portable hotspot device. It is like a wireless extension of the Ooma Telo adaptor. It relies on wifi signal for connection and uses the same to link up to all devices including phones, computers, and fax machines. You, therefore, are saved from the hustle of setting up wires to each workstation.
Portability and Remote Access
The Linx Wireless accessory allows you to stay connected to your VoIP adaptor, from any location. it is like an extension of the adaptor that is easier to carry. With it, you can access VoIP services despite being away from your home or office.
- Advanced security features for securing your calls and messages; uses DETC technology
- Supports advanced call features: caller ID, call waiting, message-waiting indicator.
- Free local and long distance calls, and affordable rates for international calls.
- Affordable price
- Wireless connection to all devices
- Advanced call and security features
- Cheaply priced
- It requires you to own an Ooma home or office Telo adaptor, as it is only an accessory.
But in general, if you’re using an Ooma adaptor, this is an excellent accessory. It will improve your access to the adaptor, and accord you additional features that make it convenient to use the adaptor. You can get this accessory on retail at Amazon.
NetTalk 857392003016 DUO II VoIP Phone and Device
This is another cheap VoIP adapter that comes in a small portable size. It is a product of NetTalk, a tech company that has been on the forefront of internet communication services. The device accords users an array of features, alongside NetTalk’s pocket-friendly charges.
NetTalk Mobile companion app
This is a simple application that allows you to link up your phone o the VoIP adapter. It is available on various platforms and works well with all smartphones. With this app, you can make free voice calls from your smartphone, and remotely control the set-up of your adapter.
Portable and easy to set-up
This adapter is very easy to install. You simply connect it to your internet source through the Ethernet port and connect your phone to it through an FXS or USB port. Additionally, it is the size of a small phone. It can easily fit into any pocket. You can, therefore, use it at your office, and take it home with you in the evening. It also comes in handy when travelling.
- Caller ID, caller blocking, call forwarding and call waiting
- Phone Number Blacklist
- 3-Way Calling
- Conference Calling
- Visual Voicemail
- Enhanced 911 (E-911)
- 411 Directory Assistance
- Fax compatible
- Live Chat Technical Support
- It is portable
- Compatible with smartphones
- Advanced call features
- It is cheap
- Does not support Google Voice
All in all, the NetTalk Duo II is an excellent adapter for office set-ups. You can get it on Amazon at a fair price.
There are a good number of cheap VoIP adapters in the market. Selecting one that suits you best will require you to keenly analyze the features of each adapter, its cost, and the charge rates being offered by the company. The above list covers the best adapters that are currently available in the market. Try out one of them. Trust me, you won’t be disappointed.